FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 07/07/2014
Rep. Mary González Continues to Champion House District 75
El Paso, TX – During election years, coverage of our elected officials can become hyper-focused on the negative. Though it is important to hold our representatives accountable, it is equally important to make sure the people of El Paso County are informed about the positive work their legislators do for them.
State Representative Mary González has always been committed to representing the needs of House District 75, and this interim is not a break for her office. From Education Working Groups in El Paso and Austin to highway beautification projects, Representative González is hard at work for El Paso County.
- Engaging Politics Classroom Speaker Series - Representative González has visited over 20 classrooms .
- Adopt- a - Highway - Our office has adopted a highway in Horizon City, which we clean four times a year. The next cleanup is scheduled for August 16th.
- Education Working Groups will meet in El Paso (July 26th) and Austin (August 8th and 9th) to discuss the future of education policy in Texas.
- Hueco Tanks Community Listening Session on July 24th to improve community access to our State Park.
- Gonzalez’ office is forming a team for Diana's I Will Live Foundation 5K Walk/Run on September 14th.
- A Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Informational Workshop will take place in October.
“I am happy to have this great opportunity to serve my community as its State Representative,” González said, “and I know that service does not stop when session is over. I am proud of the work we continue to do for El Paso County, like the highway clean up and our El Paso Education Working Group, and look forward to continuing our dedication to House District 75 and all of El Paso County in the future.”
For more information, community members may contact Arlina Palacios at (915) 790-2299.
Contact: Arlina Palacios (915) 790-2299