WAXAHACHIE - State Representative John Wray announced the deadline for the Texas Armed Services Scholarship has been extended to June 15, 2015. Selected applicants will participate in an in-person interview and the final selection will be announced on July 15, 2015.
The Texas Armed Services Scholarship Program was created to assist promising students from throughout the State who are committed to education and service. It encourages young leaders to participate in the Texas Guard, Army National Guard, Air National Guard, or to become commissioned officers in the United States Armed Services.
The scholarship will provide recipients with up to $10,000 per academic year for up to four years toward undergraduate education at any Texas University with an active ROTC program. Each year the governor and the lieutenant governor may each appoint two students, and each state senator and each state representative may appoint one student to receive an initial conditional scholarship.
Representative John Wray stated, "I am honored to be able to connect students with financial resources to further their education and give them the opportunity to be in a position to join the Armed Services following their graduation."
Details on how to apply can be obtained from Representative Wray's office. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-463-0516.
Texas Armed Services Scholarship Program 2015:
To be eligible, a student must meet academic criteria including:
• Be on track to graduate high school in a Distinguished Achievement Program or International Baccalaureate program
• A GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Ranked in the top third of the graduating class
• SAT score of 1590 or ACT score of 23
Application must include: GPA, Class Ranking, SAT or ACT scores, resume, cover letter stating the reason for applying, and one letter of recommendation.
Application Due: June 15, 2015
Scholarship Awarded: July 15, 2015
• Applicants meeting the requirements above can advance to the interview portion of the process with Representative Wray.
• The scholarship provides $10,000 a year for 4 years toward undergraduate education at any Texas university with an active ROTC program. (Currently, this includes 32 public and private institutions.)
• Applicants can send all requested documents by phone, fax or email to district10.Wray@house.state.tx.us with their contact information included.
2001 Bates Drive, Suite 120